Thursday, August 04, 2005

Hmm, interesting day.

The day started off with the principal scaring the crap out of everyone's pants by looking in our direction, before heading down her usual platform-towards-glory in our direction.

And then, she walked past us.

You could almost hear the sigh of relief from everyone in the area. =D

Also, this is the first, and hopefully, the last time I'm attending Au's extra Chem lecture. Went in, came out without learning anything. Should have sticked to Neo.

All in all, decent days.
--

Why do people like th mask their words, especially the phrase, "Oh My Gosh!"?

Seriously, I'm rather irked by people who say that phrase instead of the actual "Oh my god!" Yes yes, you should not use God's name in vain, but, isn't it worse when you try to mask it? The word is pretty much a evolved form of "Oh My God", so shouldn't people use that form instead? Trying to mask God's name with something else sounds not only stupid, but should be even worse as well, since you are intending the same meaning, but simply using different words. It's like saying "I'm trying to liberate her from her obsessive boyfriend" when you are clearly just being an ass trying to be a third party in a relationship. You know it's wrong, so you simply use other words so that you can make yourself feel better.

And that, annoys me greatly.

I prefer people who use the actual term, and actually knows it, instead of masking it. Maybe that's why I swear so much sometimes, since I prefer to use the actual words instead of "F-you!" or "this is rather F-ed up". Yes, it's much more rude to use the actual words, but I try my best to moderate my speech *cough*. Heck, you seldom see any swearing online anyway, which pretty much speaks for itself ^_^

*cough*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home